Saturday, April 4, 2015

Reading log 5 part I

~ The ONE –Kiera Cass

Did I spare you enough time to read the series? I hope you had a great time reading it as I am. Well I think I’ve promised to continue share my thoughts so here it is. Actually I wrote this right after I made my fourth entry so I guess the WARNING is still on. ;-)

The title itself says it all. THE ONE, it would be America’s caste as the Queen and the chosen Elite or ‘the one’ that would change their world upside-down. I thought it would be a long chapter of love and yeah full of love but then again I have to consider Kiera Cass’ ability to put down your predictions. Well, I guess that’s the only thing I’d predicted that twists tell all. The struggles in the first book became just the preparation of what a huge problem that will arise. I was thrilled as everyone in the palace every time an attack explodes, I wasn’t surprised with how the king's villain behind his smile. America stands for what she thought was right even to disobey the king with it. I wish we could find like her in the country, I said Prince Maxon would be a great leader so does America and I think their reign will obviously benefit the people of Illea.

I just thought what if the leader would come from a family who are in the lower caste. I think they are capable of leading the country because they could understand the scream in the lowest clan and because honestly the problem –if not most is in the people who experienced poverty and been degraded by the society. Yet still to consider their knowledge upon leading.

My heart more than just clapped when the ‘Convicting’ came. I know Elise, Kris and even Celeste have their heart to weigh justice but they never had the guts to express it, they just thought of what could it positively bring to them so they put the accused in jail without knowing the real cause of their crime -they are called criminals but still have rights. That made them fail to be the Queen, well they seemed to be the model of politicians who just wanted the honor not the service.

Yet here comes as ever fair America. I couldn’t imagine how elated the man was when  sent home not to jail because America weigh him better, he steal clothes for his less fortunate children so he would just be giving back what he got and go home not to be sentence  to prison for life. However it was bad influence of America teaching not to obey the law but I think it was good to disobey rules if you think that’s not what everyone deserves. I just hope justice is in America and she's visible elsewhere especially here where justice sometimes call for a caste that the guilty who has money would be spared and penniless innocents would be sentenced to jail.

            Back to the competition, I thought it would the closest fight since there were only four of them remained but surprisingly they got even closer that the Celeste whom was villain became the one America wants to talk to. I guess that’s how any competition goes, the first meeting could be the toughest for everyone aims to win but at the end of game relationships were building against each competitors. Well it is not the other Elite that America wants to empress, it is the King that tried to kick her out again and again. I was always startled every time America was attempted to be kicked-out in the Palace. The author effectively kept it surreal and I love it. Indeed the King was harsh but it’s a blessing in disguise that it made America and Maxon bound together.

            The love letters which Maxon wrote for the first time was a real deal –it was my favorite. I never send a love letter to a girl  – I wish I could, somedayJ.  Well I hope I could share it here but I guess it's too long that it will make you bored or else will just make you ignore my thoughts and just put your full attention unto it haha. And one thing, the exchange of ‘I Love You's’ was worth it to be just on the last part. It just depicts that silly ‘love at first sight’ isn’t appropriate and well if you really love her the first time you saw her –which amazingly untrue you don’t say I love you immediately right? It takes time – it would take time!
                        Because the attacks were part of it I thought the last would be the typical but it’s completely a disaster. Both the King and Queen Amberly died and almost to Prince Maxon and America. Yet each tragedy has to end and despite the royals lose, it is a blessing for the prince to improve the country on his reign and finally ask the hand of America despite her being kicked-out if the rebels haven’t came. Well, things have been said and done and the only thing to do is make the most out of it. Finally Prince Maxon is now the King and the Five America who became the Three when she was Selected and been an Elite now she was the One and the Queen America of Illea.

PS: I hate Epilogues and I’m tired encoding but I think I should share this lines. Last WARNING: I’LL SPOIL YOU WITH THIS. Sorry can’t help but share.

“But even now I know this isn’t a fairy tale. I know that we’ll have hard times, confusing times. I know that things won’t always happen the way we want them to and that we’ll have to work to remember that we chose this. It won’t be perfect, not all the time.
This isn’t happily ever after.
It’s so much more than that.”    –Queen  America Schreave

I guess that ends it. Thanks for your extra time.

           
Reading log 5 part II

Before your Lady America be crowned as the new Queen after  the late Queen Amberly and still two days before the Royal Wedding, the final Magazine edition of ‘The Selection’ features  the Bride and the Groom and your new King and Queen of Illéa.

[UNCUT] Exclusive Interview of the Royal Highness

Photographer: Very well sir, it was an honor taking pictures with you and you too [up to Lady America] Your Highness. [Exits with a polite bow]

Writer: I guess it would be roper to start the interview as soon as possible Your Highness, so you’ll not be distracted with the huge preparation.

King Maxon: I thought of talking while sitting, shall we? Besides I don’t want my dear to get tired until – [America put her fingers on his lips and just a long ‘sssh’ enough to make him still]

Lady America: I bet you’re behind the poll on the magazine that we –no Celeste usually read. It was actually harsh and hmmp MEAN!

Writer: I don’t survey Your Highness but I’m definitely the Author and yeah the words are mine. I apologize for my judgment. Does my head be in treason or in cane?

King Maxon: Probably, both?

Lady America: Haha you’re funny but I’ll tell you I’m not like that, it’s just, you’ll be a servant by now [pause] kidding. Where are we?

Writer: [trembling but showed he's professional] ahh everyone knew the supposed proposal failed to be in the Report, would you like to share how was the final selection and how did that ring came into your hands Your Majesty?

King Maxon: I felt really bad to fail announcing it in public during the Report which I cannot even mention it but….

Lady America: Well, I expect to go home that night because of some things I couldn’t share but the attack could have been a blessing in disguise, despite the lose we realized we need each other especially at times like those. To tell you about the engagement, ahh I expect a sweet aroma of roses in my bed yet the reality told us were soaked with bloods and wounds but it was surprisingly the most romantic proposal, he spill the lines asked me as his wife well the details are mine including how his eyes was still an eyes when I immediately said yes.

Writer:  That is really sweet Your Majesty. Illéa would be glad you share some. The radiance of the ring says it all though. [he thought finding words to ask] it might be too personal but I think Illéa would like to hear especially from you sir and I apologize to ask this; How are you after the King and Queen’s death I mean your parents? [A complete silence, no one talk just a long pause]
Anyway, about the –

King Maxon: Well, I hope I could be as strong as my wife, whom we all know also mourn for her father’s lose. I felt her agony but most of it was her being resilient that her father doesn’t want her to be very devastated and still continue the life he left. It is maybe because America knew it in the first place that he was very proud of her even if she won't make it. I just hope I could settle myself knowing that my father is also proud of me that I can lead the Kingdom he left. [Obviously holding his tears to pour] I know Mom is and always proud of me, she was always with me, not a single chance we would miss talking and now she’s gone and the only thing I could is to stare at the empty chairs she once sat. Every now and then I still wait for any of them to knock my door every morning. I already miss Dad’s command and Mom's worries. Breakfast, lunch and Dinner were just a torture right now.  Yet I know America is and always be there for me. That no matter what the country be in my leadership still my Queen America will still be at my side forever.

Lady America: I wished I had the chance to call her my Mom.

Writer: We only wish for your quick recovery Your Majesty.

King Maxon: Can we now talk about the wedding [avoiding the topic]

Writer: you seemed really excited Your Highness. Could you tell as some details?

King Maxon: [excited, he giggled] I know I already have a perfect bride but I won’t miss this real important event for us, so the preparations be from floor to ceiling, from the carpet to the chandelier everything must be perfect. Well, you knew it’s not just a wedding.  Illéa will see it though.

Lady America: Naughty! [Rolled her blue eyes but giggled] Well as you can see, since the proposal, the funeral and the quick recovery, finally this is it I’m getting married, we are getting married and I hope I could be your great Queen.

Writer: Sure you would Your Majesty. Well, to tell you sir everyone will be on the
 Report the whole duration of the ceremony, I can assure you that.
I think I’ve had enough information; it is my real honor to talk to our new King and Queen. Thank you for the opportunity Your Highness.  

King Maxon: Excellent, well its up to the article though.

Lady America: [almost a whisper]Don’t mind him, its nice meeting you sir.


Writer: [Exits with a quick bow]
            

No comments:

Post a Comment